Monday, June 23, 2008

Riverside, CA, is a hot plate.

Two years ago we went to Riverside for the 4th of July. We were visiting my cousin, Coquis.
We had a great time, but it could have been better... and not because of her or her family. They are THE BEST hosts EVER! But it was TOO HOT!
I don't remember how hot it was in degrees, but I knew it was the hottest ever when my flipflops started to melt. Yes! I gave one step and my sandal was stuck to the pavement! I laughed, and for a few seconds it was funny, until my feet started to feel the heat. I jumped to the very warm grass patch that was closer, and had to pull my shoe off the curb!!

Well... we were there this last weekend and... it was hotter! It was so hot you could not breath. I am not a chemist, but I am sure that the sun has a destroying effect on oxygen. When I went out of the house to the back yard so my mini shnauzer Luigi would go potty, I felt sick with the heat hit I got in the face. A few minutes later, I started to see everything going dark. Colored patches started to get the best of my vision. And I felt I was going to faint. The temperature was up to 115 degrees F.

I don't know how people live there. The town should be banned! It is inhuman! People is going to start to mutate there, and grow scales or some kind of skin similar to that of an alligator. There should be some research facilities there, so that scientists start seeing the effect of global warming on people. Start making some tests, where people go out at night, and stay in and sleep during the day. And get ready for when the whole world gets to those unhealthy conditions.

I say this, because when we left the place, it was some time around 11:30 pm. We drove around the streets for some minutes, and everything was open and full of people. We thought that people stay inside during the day, and go out and about at night, because that's when a little bit of relief comes with the darkness.

I am so glad I live in the Bay Area. Yes, it gets hot, but I know it's nothing like Southern California. I hope it never gets like that here... my life would literally be in danger...

No comments:

Post a Comment