Sunday, August 3, 2008

The X-Vile movie. (Spoiler alert)

I am not a movie critic. I am not pretending to be so, and I actually enjoy not being one.

My opinion about a movie is mine, and I don't represent anybody else, nor try to voice the thought of a generation, a gender, or market niche. And I am happy about it because I usually have a very different opinion than the general population. I judge a movie from my own enjoyment -or lack thereof. While a respectful discussion would be fine, I don't want to ever start an argument about my opinion of a flick; I just say what I think, and express my point of view, and say my reasons for thinking that way.

That said, I want to declare that "X-Files: I want to believe", SUCKED.

I had been a fan of the show for some time, and stopped watching it when D.Duchovny left the show. I loved the humor, the tension and even the characters and situations that were never clarified and the coming and going of theories for everything that happened. I did not even care that anything was ever resolved. I just enjoyed the show. From that enjoyment, I was really excited to know that there was going to be another movie. I could never imagine that I would not enjoy something sci-fi, fiction or alien/paranormal related... but for the first time, it happened.

The movie is basically a sleeping aid. It's the second time in my entire life that I sleep at a theater. The first time I took a nap while in a theater, I was 10 years old, suffering from a sugar crash after my birthday party, when my brothers decided to take me to a 9:00 pm show to see Tower's Inferno.

The second time I slept in a theater, was today, watching this Xfiles movie.
For me, it was a glorified episode, longer and slower, more boring than the average Mulder and Scully adventure, and the theme was like ... forced... unnatural.

The best thing in the movie, was Amanda Peet, and I was not even awake to see her die.
The second best thing happened at the beginning of the movie, when the camera shows Fox and Scully looking at each other while the camera closes up on some pictures of Bush and Hoover. Not much happened after that.

Other than that, it's just your most expensive Xfiles episode, not worth to even watch on TV when the only other thing showing in every other channel is rather an infomercial or a senior yoga education program.

Very disappointing! I would have rather stayed home and organize the studio...

No comments:

Post a Comment