Monday, March 23, 2009

I made sushi!!! And ate it for lunch!

Well, I like a kind of Sushi that you can't really find here where I live... I tasted it in some little booths that you would find everywhere in Guadalajara, called Sushi Itto. It has very different ingredients than the real japanese sushi, and it is much more appealing to me, because I not only dislike some raw (and even cooked) fish, but also I'm afraid of any tummy problems that can come from it. I also don't eat sushi much here in California, because it can add up to a VERY SCARY bill at the end.

Sooooo, my AMORE, Alfredo, bought me this kit to make sushi that helps you make it without much of the hassle of the bamboo mat. At least this is what the product claimed. And it must be truth because I was successful and I made SUSHI!!!

To begin the process, I started with a very simple sushi, because I wanted to try the kit without ruining a lot of food while doing it. So I made it with cream cheese and avocado only.
At the beginning, I started with the Nori then added the rice and then turned the rice sheet so that when rolling, the rice would be in the outside. (I know, I like the nori outside, but the manual said to try this first... I would have thought this is more difficult... but... what do I know???)

Then the rolling starts...

Press hard and you are left with...
TAA DAAAAA!!!!!

Cut it, serve with soy sauce... (and I add lemon to it. My friend Michelle taught me this wonderful tip)


And done! I ate it and it was delicious. Now I only need some chopsticks and I can have this at lunch every day with different fillings.
 
Aren't they much more beautiful with the Nori on the outside?
I am even thinking of one for David, with cheese, and maybe ham as a sheet instead of the nori? I don't know, let's see what the future brings about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment