Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tale of the elusive Mini Schnauzer


9:15 am, dogs barking like crazy. Curious as I am, go look through the window. SURPRISE! A fugitive Mini Schnauzer, giving his feet some crazy workout.

9:20 am, tried to catch him with my charming skills... (NOTE TO SELF: Charming useless)

9:25 am, tried to bribe dog with some food, squatting to attract him, imagining myself not being able to move tomorrow. Endeavour ineffective. Knees creaking, I suppress a scream of pain.

9:35 am, improvised a toy with a lemon, throwing it like a toy ball, making kissing sounds saying "good booOOooyyyy" while running back and forth, trying to get him involved in fun game...Neighbors perceive me as a crazy lady, efforts towards catching dog: futile.

9:50 am, I pray in silence. Oh! an idea! or is it a voice?: "if you bring him, he will come", so I come home, get Luigi. Fugitive mini comes IMMEDIATELY. Follows us into back yard.

9:55 am, it takes a couple of tries, but I got him! NAME: GODFREY. tags have phone number. YAAAAYYY!

10:00 am: Bring dog home so I can call owner. MAYHEM! Schnauzer legs up and down furniture, leashes tangled, eyes can't tell who's who, throw blankets flying around! remotes dropped! bark! yelp! more barks! growls! My leader of the pack voices says firmly: STOP! It works (HA!)

10:05 am, call owner. ASKS for me to drop the Godfrey! (Whaaaatt????)

10:15 am, I deliver Godfrey to his owners.

10:25 am, back home. 

Workout, CHECK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment