Thursday, December 31, 2009

There's no need to fear! Luigi is here!

Luigi can’t talk. But he communicates… better than anyone I have ever known in my entire life.

He is direct, to the point. He doesn’t mind asking, requesting, or even begging. If he doesn’t get what he wants, he lets it go and never holds it against you. Sometimes though, he demands. He usually demands to be hugged indefinitely; he loves to cuddle up and feel that unique and marvelous warmth that just the close contact with another body can give.

He is authentic and assertive. He doesn’t hide in passive aggressiveness or in complicated excuses for what the does or what he wants. He is truly free.

In silence he plays. He invites everyone to play. He doesn’t hold race, color or age against anybody.

His eyes melt every human barrier that I use to protect myself from the world, thus making me get in touch with my deepest feelings; he brings out my true soul. With him, you don’t have to put up an act; there’s no pretending. He knows the truth. He FEELS your truth. You don’t have to think about ways to hide anger or tears. There’s no need to try and look thinner or wear mascara or lipstick. He LOVES unconditionally. He provokes to be loved like that, too. There is not a more sincere “I” than when you are with him.

My wonderful thief of scrunchies and socks. Lover of cheese and peanut butter. I lived without you for so many years and yet, I can’t think of a life without you anymore.

How would I live without your tail wagging just because I look at you?

Teach me to find treasure in the smallest things; teach me to celebrate even the tiniest piece of a cracker. Teach me to wonder at every inch of lawn. Teach me to be happy even if somebody pulls my leash. Come on, Luigi… teach me to live, because I’m  40 and I forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment