Sunday, March 21, 2010

Have you seen an Angel?


Most of the people that live around me, have... but they might not know it. Well, here I am, to open your eyes.

This is my friend Lisa:

Wednesday: we have a gas leak. Gas is turned off in the whole property, for safety. Within a half an hour, she's here with a HUGE crockpot and a hot plate. Thanks to her, we have had warm meals in my house, and food is not going to waste. Plus her hubby, Wayne, is here to check on the situation and give us the best advice, even talks to the PG&E man!

Thursday: Our washing machine dies. She takes our dirty laundry, takes care of it, EVEN when her own machine is broken... she doesn't tell me she'll take it to the laundromat!

Saturday Evening: There's this dinner I have to go and I'm nervous, I've been stressed and I don't feel my best. My friend makes sure I sit with people that I know and that they know I'm uncomfortable, so she sets me up for an enjoyable time.

Saturday - at night: The transformer in our street goes boom! there's a blackout. Now we have no gas, no washing machine, no electricity... I feel deflated. Middle of the night? no problem! My friend is here to pick up the laundry, and sits down to talk to me, help me recover sanity, and make me laugh.

Sunday - All clothes washed --AND BEAUTIFULLY FOLDED!! clothes are back. Am I still a bit down? She's added a great load of cinnamon rolls to the delivery.

I want to say that this is one of those times that saying you appreciate someone is not enough. This is one of those cases when you know that your life would not be the same if you hadn't met that person.


Really. REALLY. Thank you my Friend! I have seen an Angel!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment